Thank you for your interest. Please read the job description below and follow the instructions at the bottom.
Safi Home Works, LLC, a truly non-toxic cleaning company in Tucson, Arizona, seeks to hire a Team Leader.
- Responsible for supervising a team of 1-3 cleaners; maintaining super-green, totally non-toxic cleaning standards; training new employees; interacting with clients in their homes, schools, studios and offices; and estimating and negotiating with new clients;
- Works in a team, sweeping, mopping, wiping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing and doing laundry, operating cleaning machines, and/or other cleaning as required, as well as teaching and supervising other team members to do the same.
- This position will start with about 16-24 hours per week, and then can build up more hours, depending on the needs of the company and of the team leader.
- Safi Home Works is working towards paying a living wage. Currently, all cleaner’s pay starts at $13 per hour during training, which usually lasts 30 hours, sometimes up to 100). After the training period, you have to gain experience as a cleaner for a little while at $16 per hour. When you are ready to lead as a Team leader, the rate starts at $17 per hour, and the scale rises to $20 per hour.
-Team leader usually is responsible for driving the team from one job to another
- Good leader and teacher, and excellent team player
- Experience cleaning
- Comfort working with diverse cultures
- High moral standards
- Ability to interact with colleagues and clients with kindness and without prejudice
- Ability to organize work and people within a time frame
- Native English speaker or very high level of ability
- Ability to see dirt, stains, and dust
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to add, subtract and multiply numbers
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Ability to climb on short ladders
- Physical strength and stamina; ability to perform all cleaning duties, including ceilings and floors.
- Ability to make independent decisions and to respond to questions from clients
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to text on phone
- Have a good driving record, and a current drivers license
Ideally, team leaders will also:
- Speak Swahili, French, Arabic or Spanish
- Ability to use Google Calendar
- Have experience working in retail, teaching, social work or other service-focused occupation
Why work for Safi Home Works, LLC Cleaning Company?
Safi Home Works, LLC, is a truly non-toxic green cleaning company that joins a movement of small cleaning companies that strive to raise standards for the cleaning industry by exclusively using nontoxic, safe products, and protecting clients and workers from the long-term damage toxic cleaning products and the cleaning process can create. Join our company and have the opportunity to contribute to the development of a new (3 years old!) company!
Safi Home Works, LLC, reaches out to hire people who can most benefit from team employment. Currently, we are reaching out to the Tucson refugee community, understanding that people who have limited language skills and are in a new culture can benefit from the support a team provides.
We are licensed, bonded and insured, and follow all local and national regulations. We are adopting a transparent accounting system so that all employees can learn how income flows through the company, and how their contribution affects everyone’s income.
We offer paid training, We can work around your school schedule or other regular schedules. We observe national holidays by not working. Employees can take unpaid vacations and of course, there is sick leave. We are a safe, non-toxic workplace.
What we don’t do
We don’t offer health insurance because currently no employee wants to pay the copay–but it is possible to arrange. We cannot tolerate anyone who shows up for work intoxicated. You also need to arrive at work on time.
Please study our FAQs, and then contact us by email or text us to schedule an interview. Thank you for your interest