Safi Home Works, LLC, a new, green cleaning company in Tucson, Arizona, seeks to hire a Team Leader.
-Responsible for supervising a team of 1-4 cleaners; maintaining super-green, non-toxic cleaning standards; training new employees; interacting with clients in their homes and offices; and estimating and negotiating with new clients;
-Works in a team, sweeping, mopping, wiping, vacuuming, dusting, and polishing and doing laundry, operating cleaning machines, and/or other cleaning as required, as well as teaching and supervising other team members to do the same.
-This position will start with about 10 hours per week, and then can build up more hours, depending on the needs of the company and of the team leader.
- Good leader and teacher, and excellent team player
- Experience cleaning
- Experience working with diverse cultures
- High moral standards
- Ability to interact with colleagues and clients with kindness and without prejudice
- Ability to organize work and people within a time frame
- Native English speaker or very high level of ability
- Detail oriented
- Ability to see dirt, stains, and dust
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to add, subtract and multiply numbers
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Ability to reach over your head
- Physical strength and stamina; ability to perform all cleaning duties, including ceilings and floors.
- Ability to make independent decisions and to respond to questions from clients
- Ability to solve problems
Ideally, but not required, team leaders will also:
- Have a driver’s license, own car and car insurance
- Speak Swahili, or other foreign languages, especially French, Arabic or Spanish
- Have experience working in retail, teaching, or other service-focused occupation
Why work for Safi Home Works, LLC Cleaning Company?
Safi Home Works, LLC, is a new green cleaning company that joins a movement of small cleaning companies that strive to raise standards for the cleaning industry by exclusively using non toxic, safe products, and protecting clients and workers from the long-term damage toxic cleaning products and the cleaning process can create. Join our company and have the opportunity to contribute to the development of a new company!
Safi Home Works is working towards paying a living wage. Currently, pay starts at $13 per hour (after training) and the pay scale rises to $19 per hour. Team leaders, after the training period, start at $15 per hour.
Safi Home Works, reaches out to hire people who can most benefit from team employment. Currently, we are reaching out to the Tucson refugee community, understanding that people who have limited language skills and are in a new culture can benefit from the support a team provides.
We are licensed, bonded and insured, and follow all local and national regulations. You will be a regular employee. We are adopting a transparent accounting system so that all employees can learn how income flows through the company, and how their contribution affects everyone’s income.
We offer paid training, and employees can choose to have no weekend and/or no night time work. We observe national holidays by not working. We are a safe, non-toxic workplace, and in many cases we offer transportation to and from work.
If you are interested in working with us as a team leader, and you believe you have the qualifications, please visit our website www.safihomeworks.com, study the FAQs, and then contact us by email with a short letter describing your background and interest.